Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy

And again, I decided to venture into a different style. Well, it was not really a decision, it happened that this layout stayed very simple. 

At the last crop of my beloved LSS SCRAP ME I got these papers for half price. And since it is still terribly cold, and grey and yucky and horrible, I decided to scrap a summer picture. Perfect combination. Throw in the monthly sketch from the SAMPLER KIT CLUB -  great!


I did not intent the simplicity of this layout, it just happened. I put lots and lots of different embellishments on the page and took it off again. It was just meant to be this way. 

The photos were taken last summer at Mattsee, a wonderful little lake close to Salzburg, Austria. DD loved "driving" the boat!!! The wonderful lady is my "bonus mother". When I moved to Vienna, I was only 17 and felt kind of lost in the big city. She is the best friend of my highschool French teacher, who asked her "to look after me". Now she is not only my very good friend, but also the "bonus grandmother" to our children. I am so thankful to have her! 

Did I ever mention, how much in love I am with our kids???
 

Have a good week!
All the best, 
Elisabeth


5 comments:

  1. Who wouldn;t be in love with them, they are adorable children.
    My two have always been very close. Like you I had Eve first and matthew next, there is only 18months between them. They have just come back from Skiing together (with others too) but they have always been very good to each other (it is the way you bring them up that counts and Hubby and I always taught them to be nice to others and one another.
    Gorgeous layout, love the simplicity of it, let the paper do the talking. Half price papers (died and gone to heaven!!)
    DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute photo!! I agree with Debbie! It is definitely how you raise them. My kids are super close. It has been something I have always stressed with them. I have not picked sides, played favorites, etc. I did it completely different than how I was raised and it has made a world of difference. I am not close to a single person in my family. I am the "black sheep" and have been ostracized. Here at my house, there aren't any "black sheep". It is an unbelievable feeling to break that cycle.

    Your page is beautiful!!! I don't think simple. Sometimes, less is more and it all depends on the papers and product. Those Webster's Pages papers are gorgeous! (Plus I am kind of partial to lighthouses... I love them :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely-especially the photos and angles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job with those papers...and what a score at 1/2 price. love the photo of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for playing along with the challenges at The Sampler kit club! I really love the lighthouse and the color combination. Really beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday